Wednesday, September 06, 2006

100 bottles of beer on the wall 100 Days,lol, that means I am in the double digits now for boarding the plane. HOO-AHHH!!!!!
You know I can't wait. I say it post after post after post but I can't wait. All I dream about is curling up on the couch with my wife, playing in the yard with the kids, golfing,lol, and just having a normal day where I don't have to carry my rifle or worry about what that local is taking pictures, etc. Just one normal day is all I ask.
Yesterday my roomate came home from guard duty out at the main gate. He was a little upset. He had seen his first dead body, not just one tho, they pulled up in a pickup and had 6 dead men and one criticaly wounded in the bed of the truck. It seems they were traveling at an excesive speed and got into an accedent. All died instantly except the one. Seeing the dead is hard enough but this guy was tore up bad, his legs were on backwards from the knee down where he was thrown clear of the truck and run over by another vehicle. His arms were broke as well as what sounds like many ribs, possibly his back, neck and his skull was tore open far enough to see the brain matter. Absolutley horrific site. I must have sat up almost the entire nite listening to him talk about it. It had made him sick, and some one else had to take over for him for a bit because he had trouble dealing with it. No one is blaming him tho, it is not easy getting to the point where you can ignore it. I say ignore because you never get used to it. I hope that as long as we are here he may never have to see anything like that again.
Enough of the gross stuff. I am looking forward to going out the wire and doing my part. But I still have a lot to do before then so I will stop here and post again a little later.
till then,Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life.
Bertolt Brecht (1898 - 1956), The Mother, 1932
Death is a friend of ours; and he that is not ready to entertain him is not at home.